Mini Split units are great DIY units to install and cool an open space or section of a home.
After installing a unit, the wiring and refrigerant line-set is left exposed and is a bit ugly to look at.
An easy, low-cost fix is to buy a decorative line-set cover kit that hides all the lines and wires.
It also helps protect the wiring and line-set from the weather or other hazards.
If the unit is out-of-site and unseen, having a cover is not always necessary but can help to protect the line-set and wiring from the elements.
Installing a cover kit is easy to do with many kits available.
I recently needed to install a cover kit on a Pioneer Ductless Mini Split I installed and bought a kit on Amazon.
Here Is the Kit on Amazon that I Bought.
Pioneer Decorative PVC Slim Line Cover Kit for Mini Split Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps
While most cover kits are the same, they can come with different turns and elbows, so be sure to get one that matches your install.
The only tool needed is a screw gun to bolt the screws into the wall.
Below is how I installed the cover kit. Be sure to follow the instructions that come with any kit bought.
I made a video at the bottom of the page for a visual walk-through if needed.
How To Install a Wall Cover Kit for a Mini Split
- The kit will come with lots of plastic pieces and screws.
- I had to use different screws since the ones in the kit did not go through the stucco. The screws likely will work for most walls.
- The top section has two pieces, the bottom piece goes in first.
- The top cover screws into place onto the bottom piece.
- The long pieces snap together and fit into the top section.
- There are brackets that screw onto the wall to hold everything in place as it comes down.
- One screw goes into the wall and two screws hold the pieces together.
- At the bottom I used the flex-able line that came with the kit. I did have to make a cut to get it around the line-set.
Installing a cover kit for a mini split is not hard with plastic pieces that screw on to the wall and snap together.
There is differently sized cover kits if a larger one is needed.