Several things can cause an P0 error code on a mini split and of course the error can be manufacture specific.
The most common fix is to turn the unit off at the breaker for 2-5 minutes resetting both indoor and outdoor condensers.
Steps To Fix a Mini Split P0 Error Code
- Power Off the Unit
- Turn Power Off at the Breaker for 2-5 minutes Resetting the Unit
- Turn the power On and see if the error goes away
Resetting the whole system is the first step and often solves the problem.
If the error comes back below is more advanced things that can cause the error.
Causes of P0 Error Code
- Improper Wiring
- Loose Wiring Connections
- IPM Error
- Outdoor Fan Motor
- System Pressure Error
- Faulty Main PCB
- Bad Ventilation of Outdoor Unit
Components to Test with P0 Error Code
- Check Wiring Between Main PCB and Compressor
- Check the Outside Fan and Condenser
- Check the Wiring between the Indoor and Outdoor Unit
- Test the Compressor
- Test the Main PCB Board
Test the compressor wiring for any shorts and voltages are correct.
The PCB boards can also cause an P0 error and may need testing.
Video on P0 error Code