E4, E5, E6, F1, F2, F3 Error Codes on a Mini Split

By | June 15, 2017

Troubleshooting E4, E5, E6, F1, F2, F3 Error Codes on a Mini Split

If you get an E4, E5, E6, F1, F2, F3 error code a few things can cause this problems.

If You Have an E6 Error Code Read Here for How To Troubleshoot and Fix It.

Possible Causes of The Errors

1. Wiring Mistake or Problem
  2. Bad Sensor
  3. Bad PCB Board

The PCB computer board that controls a mini split is having problem seeing the correct voltage from the sensors it uses.

The wiring and many sensors need to be checked to see if they are malfunctioning.

Indoor room temperature sensor.
Troubleshooting E4, E5, E6, F1, F2, F3 Error Codes on a Mini Split Pic 2

To troubleshoot a unit the location of the many sensors will need to be known.

This information can be found in the manual for the unit and depending on the manufacture may be available from their website.

It is also possible that the PCB board has gone bad.

If after testing all the sensors and wiring and they show good this usually points to a bad PCB board.

Another thing that can case problems is a unit wired wrong or wiring that has a short or open.

Most often these errors require a technicians and will be outside the average home DIY job.

25 thoughts on “E4, E5, E6, F1, F2, F3 Error Codes on a Mini Split

1. joe

my nu style ac inverter error code f1 can you explan the problem pls

2. zulfiqar ahmed

i have kenwood split AC eIcon , which is showing error F4 , Can u please guide me how to overcome

3. mansoor

what is the error of PO in 1ton dc inverter how to replace it

4. Shahid khan

I have daikin heating and cooling inverter ac with 2.2 ton split ac , display is showing F 3 error code . What may be problem

5. Ratnam

Dear sir ,Recently purchased cruise tower model ac 3Tr.but cooling is not came ,some error is coming.Shown Error is E5,how to clear this error ,how to get cooling .,please solve the my issue sir.

6. Rana Anwaar

Sir I am using Orient 1.5 ton Split type AC, it was all ok till this year, now its showing E4 error every time I have to turn off the main switch a d switch it on again. I think that outdoor unit is also not turning on…
    Rana Anwaar.

7. MD MAQBOOL ALAM

In blue star 1.5 ton window ac , display is showing F 3 error code . What may be problem.

8. TAMMY cabana

Why does my PRIDIOM ZHF/LT-01 have F3 on and how do I get it off

9. Mubarak hussen

Hello sir.
    I am Mubarak hussen.ac in charge for seidco company. Sir ineed help.1FCU show the thermostat E06 . what the problem.plece reply me.
    And other spirit ac otometic timer light no off not work condenser unit.13 ac same problem.

10. Micki

Gunaire mini split a/c will not come on when outside temp is 70. Heat will not come on when outside temp is 60.

11. Bobby

Sir we have more than 600 aftron ac some ac show E6 plse tell me why come that

12. Baldev singh

Sir my air conditioner company name ayur in display f2 error plz solve my problems

1. Abdelrahim Barghothi

This error usually caused by a malfunctioned fan.
      Check fan motor.

13. Mwebembezi Asaph Kabs

Am a student of refrigeration course and would like to get articles about air conditioning, troubleshooting and how to fix such problems

14. Alex Georgefski

What would cause freezing of the indoor unit condensor find near the sensor